Open position at HPC2N - System developer
The main working tasks include
- System development, maintenance and some operations of the software and systems used in SNIC’s SUPR/SAMS project, where HPC2N leads and manages the work and activities of the subproject SNIC Accounting and Metrics System (SAMS).
- User support is an important part of the activities.
- Work in other development projects at HPC2N may also occur.
- In 2017, one of the major tasks within the project includes to survey and develop tools for collecting data concerning the software used in SNIC.
- The duties also include deployment of the developed tools, and to provide support to all SNIC centers that report to SAMS.
We work primarily with Linux (Ubuntu and RedHat), but other operating systems exist.
The position is full time and currently limited to 6 months. Start of the employment as soon as possible.
- Master of Science in Computing Science or equivalent.
- Documented experience as a software developer.
- Experience in programming in Python, Perl, SQL, C is a requirement.
- Experience from operation of parallel computer systems and queuing systems is an advantage.
- Experience of different web-frameworks to Python (especially Django) is desirable.
Since most of the work will be done in an international environment, a high level of proficiency in both spoken and written English is a requirement.
Requirements also include the ability to independently plan, organize, document and follow up on your work, but also on social skills and ability to communicate with colleagues and users.
More information, including on how to apply, can be found here: https://umu.mynetworkglobal.com/en/what:job/jobID:139011/
If you have questions, further information is available from HPC2N’s Director Bo Kågström, 090-786 54 19, firstname.lastname@example.org or HPC2N’s Technical Coordinator Björn Torkelsson, 090-786 79 28, email@example.com.